Our farm was purchased in December 1905 by James Williamson. He farmed a mixed operation with dairy cows and a fruit orchard. The farm was passed to George Williamson and his wife Lavinia, and again to James and his wife Vera. The current generation started taking over the farm in 1977, when Ron purchased the farm from Vera, and Allan purchased the farm directly behind the home farm. Williamson Farms began in 1985 with a partnership between Allan, Ron, and Vera. The farm store retailing beef and maple syrup opened in 1994.
Since then, the farm has expanded and the farm operation is owned and operated by Allan, and his wife, Chris, and Ron’s wife, Phyllis. You will find Phyllis at the farm store, and Chris at our second location: Williamson Farms Country Store, and at the local farmers’ market. Allan might be anywhere on the farm. He is responsible for the farm crops and livestock. We grow in rotation, food grade soybeans, wheat and corn. We raise beef cattle, cash crops, and make our own maple syrup.